Located on the corner of East High and South Bedford Streets, the First Evangelical Lutheran Church has been serving Carlisle at this location since 1901.
The First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Carlisle can trace its roots to 1765, when itinerant ministers visiting on horseback served frontier Lutherans in town and the surrounding area. The first organized congregation and church building was built in 1775 south of the Square and services were conducted in German. By the 1850s, services were being transitioned into English, and the church received its current name in 1876.
The church building was dedicated in 1901, and additions were added in the 1960s and in 2019. Now over 250 years old, the First Lutheran Church continues to serve Carlisle with regular Sunday services and Sunday school, vacation Bible school, and many other programs. To read more about the history of the church and their programs, please see their website.
SUNDAY WORSHIP Due to the pandemic, please see their website or facebook page for the most up-to-date information on services.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS Due to the pandemic, please see their website or facebook page for the most up-to-date information on hours.